Friday, January 21, 2011

Wait, What Was the Punishment?

I do not have the ability to lie to my parents right to their face, they know me too well. I start to smile or laugh or I have to walk away before I lose my "serious face." I know that I cannot lie and I'm okay with that because I feel as though it would be worse if I were an excellent liar. Who wants to be around one of those. I love that I can tell if my close friends are lying because of the way that their body language and facial expressions change. Sometimes I won't even say that I know that they are lying, it's too interesting to watch their body's reaction to the lie.

Raskolnikov does most everything in his power to not be accused of a murder that he was guilty of. He is somehow able to go through life normally and not feel an ounce of guilt, however, plenty of paranoia. The people around him do not suspect it was him until subconsciously, he starts dropping hints about his knowledge of the murders. Raskolnikov pilots his life through his own free will. He has no intention of being caught for the longest time (aside from right after when almost confessed to the police). He is able to boldface lie to everyone around him and no one doubts him. That is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment